The causes we support
The Harrison Foundation has supported a small number of causes since it was incepted. Although from a reasonably diverse range, all of these causes had the same goals in mind; working toward a tangible project need and making a measurable difference.
- The Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) - £7,725 to buy breathing monitors for babies at risk of cot death.
- Acorns Children’s Hospice,Worcester - £13,500 to refurbish lounges, dining areas and family accommodation to enhance the ‘home from home’ environment.
- The Sick Children’s Trust (SCT), Newcastle upon Tyne - £25,000 for the Raise The Roof appeal to extend accommodation enabling family members to stay close to children being treated at hospital for serious or terminal illnesses.
- The Cedar School, Southampton - £30,000 to modernise the library and main hall at the special school for children aged 3 to 16 with physical difficulties such as Cerebral Palsy and Spina Bifida.
- St Ann’s Hospice, Manchester - £25,000 for improvements at its Heald Green site which provides palliative care for patients suffering cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.